Help us celebrate our birthday!
There are lots of ways you can celebrate with us. You can hold your own event, attend one of ours, join us as a volunteer, or simply sign up to make a regular donation. Whether it’s holding a coffee morning, taking part in a challenge event, joining us on our Morecambe Bay Walk or ColourBlast, or holding a “Bright for Sight” day at your school or workplace, we’d love you to join in with the celebrations!
If you’re struggling for ideas, or want to hear our suggestions, take a look at our birthday wish list to find out how you can help!
Birthday Wish List
- 150 new followers on social media. Help us reach out to even more people – click here to like our Facebook page and here to follow us on twitter
- 15 new collection tins placed across Lancashire and Sefton – each collection tin raises around £55 a year for Galloway’s so 15 new tins could raise an extra £825 each year. If you could place a tin at your pub, shop, café, restaurant or anywhere else please get in touch!
- 15 new volunteers across the organisation – whether it’s as a minibus driver, helping in our offices, joining our Talking News team, or working directly to support the delivery of our services, we need YOU!
- 150 new members of our Monthly Draw would give 150 more people the chance of scooping our top prize each month– for just £1 a week! Click here to sign up
- 15 new businesses choosing to support Galloway’s. We’ll provide support to help you make the most of your fundraising for us in 2017/18
- 15 stories and photos shared about Galloway’s from 1867-2017 covered in the local press and on our social media. Look out for these in the coming weeks and months
- 150 birthday donations of £15, and 15 birthday donations of £150. 150 birthday gifts to us of £15 could pay our Get Active health walks, encouraging and supporting visually impaired people to get out in the fresh air, get some exercise, improve their sleep quality and energy, as well as reducing their risk of stress or depression
- 150 people also celebrating a special birthday or anniversary in 2017 to support us by asking friends and family to make a donation to Galloway’s as part of their celebrations. Contact us for your special 150th Birthday gift aid donation envelopes
- 15 talks to local schools and groups about Galloway’s and living with sight loss. It’s so important for us to spread the word about what we do at Galloway’s and how people can get involved
- 150 children to raise money by filling an empty smarties tube with 20pence pieces Each tube will hold £12 worth of 20p pieces. We will provide the smarties. We ask that when you’ve finished enjoying them, you fill the tube with 20p pieces and return it to us! Pick up your smarties from any of our four sites!
- 1500 extra tickets sold to our special 150th anniversary Christmas Draw – help make our Christmas draw the most spectacular yet by buying a ticket for just £1!
- 15 sponsored slimmers– improving their health and raising money for Galloway’s at the same time! Email us to request your free slimmers’ fundraising pack here
150 people to take on a challenge– anything goes including running, cycling, skydiving, overseas treks and assault courses. Check out our full challenge calendar here.
15 pledges in Wills. A gift in your will makes a lasting difference and will ensure we’re here to support blind and partially sighted local people for the next 150 years!
150 local people to join us at our official Birthday Party on Saturday 30th September
1 Birthday Cake Gift – No birthday celebration is complete without a cake. Could you or one of your contacts donate one?
Celebrate With Us
Join us for one of the events we’re organising in our 150th year:
Celebration Birthday Party
Saturday 30th September at Galloway’s Penwortham
Morecambe Bay Walk
Sunday 1st October, Arnside, Carnforth
Thursday 23rd November, Galloway’s Penwortham