The Department of Health have released an updated simplified Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI) form which only collects essential information, making it easier for patients to understand and for staff to complete. The new document provides more information to patients regarding the support that is available to them.

What is a CVI form?

If your sight loss reaches certain levels, you can be certified as sight impaired or severely sight impaired by your eye specialist (ophthalmologist).

A Certification of Vision Impairment (CVI) form is completed by your eye specialist and, if you agree to it, a copy sent to your local council, your GP, Moorfields Eye Hospital, and to you.

For more information, please visit