Run and Challenge Event terms and conditions
To participate in a run or challenge event you must agree the terms and conditions below. These terms constitute the fundraising agreement between Galloway’s and you, as a participant.
1. I understand that the event is not organised by the Galloways, but by a third party (“Event Organiser”). It is my responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by the Event Organisers and to comply with these.
2. I confirm that I am medically fit and that I participate in the event at my own risk. Galloway’s will not be held responsible for injury or illness resulting from my participation.
3. All Galloway’s Participants must be aged 18 or over on the Event Date.
4. I acknowledge that any registration fee is non-refundable, and that charity places in the event are non-transferable. The registration fee does not contribute towards my fundraising target.
5. I understand that, if applying for a Charity Place, Galloway’s may need to notify the Event Organiser that I will be taking part, and share limited personal information so that the Event Organiser can contact me to confirm my registration for the event. I understand that, if needed, it will be my responsibility to complete the Event Organiser’s registration also.
6. I will contact Galloway’s if I am unable to take part in the event and forward any money raised to Galloway’s for their work with blind and partially sighted people across Lancashire and Sefton.
1. I will use my best endeavours to raise money for Galloway’s in connection with my participation in the event and, in particular aim to raise at least the specified fundraising target if I have accepted a Charity Place. I understand that Gift Aid doesn’t count towards my fundraising target.
2. I understand and will make clear to those who support my fundraising that any money I send into Galloway’s will be treated as a donation and used for Galloway’s work. Donations are not generally refundable, even if I fail to take part in or withdraw from the event.
3. Any fundraising I undertake in connection with my participation in the event will be for Galloway’s only (applicable to Charity Place participants) and I will forward all monies donated to the Charity either by cash, cheque, CAF or via an online giving provider no later than four weeks after the event.
4. I will only use lawful means to fundraise for Galloway’s and will not bring the charity's names into disrepute. I will observe the following fundraising rules and I will comply with any further rules and requirements about fundraising of which Galloway’s notify me:
I will not use Galloway’s logo without first obtaining permission from and will allow Galloway’s to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
I will tell my sponsors that I am raising money “in aid of” Galloway’s.
I will not incur Galloway’s any cost, claim, loss or liability.
I will contact Galloway’s before conducting any raffle, lottery or public event, and comply with any guidance, guidelines or insurance and legal requirements issued by Galloway’s in connection with this kind of event.
I will obtain approval from Galloway’s before approaching press or celebrities to support my event.
I will secure the necessary approvals prior to undertaking street collections or collections on private property. House-to-house collections are not permitted.
5. I will ensure that I take responsibility for the safe keeping of money raised in Galloway’s name, both during and after the collections, until it is transferred to Galloway’s and I will:
Ensure that if collecting cash, it is counted in the presence of at least one witness and that this amount is written, signed by the witness/es and sent to Galloway’s by cheque, Bank Transfer or Online.
Send Galloway’s my completed sponsor forms with details of the names and addresses of and amounts donated or pledged by all sponsors no later than 4 weeks after my event. This will allow Galloway’s to process gift aid on donations. Please note that we will not contact your sponsors.
Ensure that donations made by cheque are payable to ‘Galloway’s Society for the Blind’ and ensure that these cheques are sent no later than 3 weeks after issue.
Only use sponsorship forms issued by Galloway’s and not use any other type of sponsorship form.
1. I understand that there may be photography at the event and I grant permission for Galloway’s to use photographs, motion pictures, quotes, or any other record of my participation in my chosen event for the purpose of marketing future events online and on print materials, for a period of 5 years.
2. I understand if I do not wish my photograph to be taken and/or used, I should inform Galloway’s so that they can make the necessary arrangements. I understand that if I wish to withdraw my consent at any time, I should email firstname.lastname@example.org
I also acknowledge that while Galloway’s will use all reasonable endeavours to comply with any such notice of withdrawal of permission it cannot guarantee that materials in public circulation at the date on which the request is received will be withdrawn immediately