Please see the below update we have received from Preston Bus Station Manager regarding the ongoing works at the Bus Station.
- Due to various issues the planned opening of the final bus stands has been delayed. They were due to open on the 10 September. I am awaiting confirmation of the new date and will advise you accordingly.
- Work on the external coach station will start on the 29 August & is due for completion in March 2018. The start date for the Youth Zone has now been put back, and will more than likely be next year before work starts.
- All the subways are obviously now closed and will be filled in September. We have created a new pedestrian walkway at the north end of the station from Carlisle Street for anyone who would have normally used the north subway.
- After many delays it is now confirmed that on the 29 Aug the female toilets will definitely close for refurbishment and we will be without female wc’s for a maximum of 2 weeks until the temporary female wc’s are installed. I realise this is not ideal so my staff will chaperone anyone who is desperate into the male disabled wc.
- On Thursday 24 August the central lift and stairwell will re-open.
- On Friday 25 August parts of the south stairwell and lift will close for refurbishment. This will mean access from the concourse to the bridge on level 1 of the car park, which goes to the Guildhall will be closed. People parking on the car park will be able to access the bridge using the south stairwell between levels 1 and 6.
- Again please can I remind you Until December I would advise anyone travelling to ensure they have sufficient time in order to check they know exactly where their bus will depart from. My staff and bus operator staff are always on hand to provide advice.
Galloway’s will keep you up to date with any other news and updates from Preston Bus Station